So you have a brilliant idea and some likeminded people working alongside you?
What are the next steps to developing your social enterprise idea?
Stage 1: Talk to people about your idea.
- Networking is the new working
- Put yourself out there
- Take chances and be open minded
- Engage your community
Stage 2: Do the ground work
- Clear statement of the social problem and your idea
- Is your idea new ?
- Market research
- Do you have a team to help you?
- Clear evaluation
Nice to have:
- Detailed review of existing services
- Desk research – literature review
Stage 3: Map out your business model.
The business Model Generation Canvas (below) is a great visual way
of mapping out your idea. Have a look at this video for more info…